(and several other varieties)
Strawberry Pie (Serves 4)
- 9 inches pie shell
- 4 cups strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces Jell-O (strawberry)
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool.
- Place washed and hulled strawberries in cool pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook two minutes. Add strawberry Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over berries.
- Chill until set.
Strawberry Shortcake Bars (Serves 4)
From Baking Beauty
- 2 cups sugar cookies (Crushed, Homemade or Store Bought, Divided)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small box mix 1/12 cups of crushed sugar cookies and butter until blended. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, wash, hull, and slice strawberries.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese and strawberries.
- Spread on top of cooled crust. Top with remaining sugar cookies.
- Store in the freezer for a cool summer treat