(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Microgreens, including amaranth microgreens, contain similar, if not greater amounts of nutrients than mature greens.
- In terms of nutritional content, amaranth microgreens are rich in thiamine, niacin, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and copper. They are also a good source of vitamins A, C, and E, folate, protein and beta-carotene.
- The minerals, nutrients, and vitamins in amaranth microgreens will help to boost the strength of your immune system that will help you fight off disease, including cardiovascular issues and hypertension.
- Being a low-calorie plant and full of fiber, amaranth microgreens help you to maintain or even lose weight.
- They are high in phosphorus, an important mineral for bone health and iron, which helps your body produce blood. They also have almost 30% more protein than rice.
- Calcium in amaranth microgreens helps to ensure you have strong teeth and bones.
- Amaranth microgreens don’t just reduce hair loss; they also slow the graying process.
Amaranth microgreens are a worthwhile addition to your diet. They will let you have not only aesthetically pleasing colors to dishes to elevate the dining experience but flavorful nutrition as well. Consider growing them in your home.