(and several other varieties)
Couscous with Corn and Chives (Serves 4)
- fresh chives (may substitute-see above)
- 1 can corn
- 1 lemon (medium)
- 8 ounces Israeli couscous (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- Cook the cous cous according to package directions.
- While waiting for the cous cous to cook, chop the chives in fine pieces.
- Simply combine all ingredients together. Squeeze the lemon on top . Salt to taste. You may add an additional tablespoon of olive oil on top to bring the flavors together. Stir well. Enjoy!
Dairy Free Scrambled Eggs with Rosemary and Chives (Serves 4)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- sea salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Combine the eggs, coconut cream, salt, pepper, and water in a bowl and whisk them well. Don’t worry if the coconut cream doesn’t mix well…it will melt when you cook the eggs.
- The key to delicious scrambled eggs is to cook the slowly, over low heat, and stir them a lot. Spray the pan with coconut oil, and heat it up a bit before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs and slowly stir them, making sure not to burn the bottom. When the eggs are almost finished add the herbs. Enjoy warm!