(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
Endives microgreens are packed with a lot of plant nutrients such as what you would expect from a leafy green vegetable. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Endives are a very low-calorie vegetable. 100 grams of the endive microgreen contain just 17 calories, making them desirable for your weight control. They also provide 8% of the daily required intake of fiber.
One serving of endives can boost your health. 100 grams of fresh endive microgreen provide:
|Dietary fiber||3.10 mg|
- Endive microgreens are rich in vitamins A, C, and K, beta-carotene and folate (B9). They have a moderate content of dietary minerals, particularly manganese, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus, and the electrolyte potassium.
- Studies suggest that the high amounts of inulin and fiber content in endives aid in reducing LDL cholesterol and glucose in obese and diabetic patients.
- Certain important compounds in endive and escarole have been found to have anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor properties.
- Vitamin and b-carotene in endives have antioxidant properties for healthy mucosa and skin, eyesight, and protection from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- The good amounts of many essential B-complex groups they contain are useful for metabolism.
You can indulge in the taste, culinary and nutritional benefits from endive microgreens by growing them yourself, which is easy and enjoyable.