(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Chard microgreen are weight-loss friendly. They contain just 7 calories in one cup (36 grams), 1 gram of fiber, 1 gram of protein, and lots of vitamins and minerals.
- They are very low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- They have a high content of Vitamins A, C, and K and include minerals such as potassium, manganese and magnesium.
- They are a good source of thiamin, folate, zinc, vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), riboflavin, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, phosphorous and copper.
- Chard Microgreen contain similar and often higher levels of vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds that help reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, certain cancers and diabetes.
- Chard microgreen is especially known for its potential to prevent damage caused by diabetes mellitus.
- Chard microgreen contain antioxidants that help repair cell damage and fight inflammation in the body. Additionally, antioxidants also help prevent progression of particular diseases and illnesses.