(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Broccoli microgreen are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are beneficial for both the body and mind. These include magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc that are often found in the microgreen in large quantities.
- Broccoli microgreen are also equipped with a compound substance known as sulforaphane. Studies show that sulforaphane has anti-cancer properties that work on reducing the number and size of various types of cancer cells in the body. It is known to have the power to reduce the ability of cancer cells to multiply by inducing Cell Cycle Arrest and Apoptosis.
- Additionally, sulforaphane also has anti-inflammatory property which helps promote cardiovascular health, and anti-diabetic property which alleviate the negative effects of diabetes, especially to people who have high sugar level, have diabetes, and/or are overweight.
- Furthermore, because of its sulforaphane content, the broccoli microgreen can boost the brain function by reducing mental decline and eliminating symptoms of depression. They have also the ability to produce an activating heat shock protein in the body which helps to slow down the cell aging process.
- Other amazing health benefits of sulforaphane found in broccoli microgreen include reducing symptoms of autism among children, slowing down the aging process, and protecting the body and skin against cellular damage.