Mustard: Red Streaks Mizuna Microgreen
(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
Microgreens are known to have the same or more amount of nutrients compared to their full-grown leafy green counterpart.
- Red Streaks Mizuna Mustard microgreens are sought for their taste as well as medicinal and nutritional properties. They are a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, iron, folate, B-complex vitamins like riboflavin, niacin, and thiamine, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and manganese.
- These microgreens are particularly high in vitamin A, which is important for maintaining healthy vision and a strong immune system.
- Red Streaks Mizuna is a liver-loving food. It is rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants which are known to stimulate liver detoxification pathways. Minerals like selenium, chromium, zinc, and iron are especially important for the health of our liver.
- They are also helpful for the health of our endocrine/hormonal system especially the thyroid gland and our insulin sensitivity which controls blood sugar levels. Antioxidants have been determined to have anti-cancer properties.
- These veggies are also good for our cardiovascular system.
- Red Streaks Mizuna Mustard microgreens are low in calories but high in vitamins particularly Vitamins A, C, and K and several minerals.
One serving of 100 grams of raw Mizuna microgreen provides:
|Dietary fiber||1.2 g|
|Vitamin A||47% of DV|
|Vitamin C||24% of DV|
|Vitamin K||>100% of DV|
Red Streaks Mizuna Mustard microgreens are the plant for anyone who wants homegrown, healthy and tasty food to be part of their lifestyle.