(and several other varieties)
Basil Lemon Pasta (Serves 5)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- basil (sliced thin)
- Parmesan (fresh grated)
- Bring a pot of salty water to a boil. Prepare noodles al dente.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Reduce to medium low heat.
- Add lemon juice and cooking wine, stir until warm.
- Toss with drained pasta.
- Top with parmesan and basil.
Creamed Zucchini with Garlic & Basil (Serves 4)
- 1 3/4 pounds zucchini (preferably smaller zucchini, as they are less watery)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 2 tablespoons basil (fresh chopped)
- Grate the zucchini by hand with a box grater or in a food processor fitted with the shredding disk. Wrap the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out as much excess water as possible. Repeat a few times, replacing the towel if necessary.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shredded zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is tender, about 6 minutes. Turn the heat down to low; add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and basil and simmer until the cream is absorbed. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm.