(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
Basil microgreen should be eaten raw to get full benefits from their nutrients.
- They are rich in Vitamins A, C, K, and folates, as well as the minerals iron, manganese, and magnesium. Vitamins A and C are powerful antioxidants. Vitamin A is essential for growth, immune system function, eye, and skin health. Vitamin C helps support the immune system, tissue health, and the absorption of iron from food.
- Basil microgreen also contain protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorous, and potassium.
- The Vitamin K in basil microgreen exceeds your daily need for this vitamin, which will ensure your blood clots properly after a cut. Iron helps produce the maximum red blood cells you need.
- Basil microgreen are also rich in folates (Vitamin B9), the growth vitamin doctors recommend for children, teenagers, and expecting mothers.
- Calcium in basil microgreen is good for strong bones and teeth. Protein, zinc, magnesium, and other nutrients present in basil microgreen will help you stay healthy by ensuring your hormones remain balanced.
- There are also several plant compounds present in basil microgreen, including citronellol and linalool. These chemical are known to alleviate pain and inflammation in the body, as well as fight against bacterial infections. This makes the plant a great addition to your diet if you are suffering from body aches and pains.
Basil Microgreen might be small in size, but they certainly pack a big nutritional punch.