(and several other varieties)
Lemon-Oregano Chicken (Serves 4)
- 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line jelly-roll pan with nonstick foil. From 2 lemons, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. Cut lemon into wedges; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken pieces; toss to coat. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared pan.
- Roast chicken, without turning, 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife. Transfer to warm platter. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over chicken.
Sheet Pan Oregano Chicken & Vegetables (Serves 8)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 pound baby potatoes (rinsed)
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- cooking spray
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the chicken, carrots and potatoes to a sheet pan. You can also line it first with foil.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray; then sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Place the oregano sprigs on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature at least 165 degrees; I like mine at 180).