(and several other varieties)
Trout with Parsley and Lemon Butter (Serves 2)
- 1 trout (large)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- ground pepper
- Start by filleting your trout.
- Combine 4 Tbsp of butter with 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 3 Tbsp chopped parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mash it all together with the fork.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish fillet with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle the flesh side with olive oil & cut each fillet in half.
- Preheat non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Once its hot, add 3 Tbsp of olive oil. Cook trout with the skin side down first for 3-4 min until browned and crisp. Carefully turn each fillet over and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Remove finished trout from the skillet & top each hot fillet with 1 Tbsp of the Lemon-Parsley Butter.
Buttery Lemon Parsley Noodles (Serves 8)
- 1 pound pasta (fettuccine, Linguine, Angel Hair)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parsley (Finely Minced)
- 1 whole lemon
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. (If using angel hair, stop just short of the al dente stage.) Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the cooked pasta and cook it around in the butter for a couple of minutes so that a few of the noodles get a little bit of a panfried texture to them, whatever that means.
- Zest the lemon. Squeeze in the juice, then add the zest of half the lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then toss around and serve. Yum!