Mustard: Red Streaks Mizuna Leafy Green
(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Red Streaks Mizuna leafy greens have not only been used in traditional cooking but also valued for their medicinal and nutritional properties. It is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, iron, folate, B-complex vitamins like riboflavin, niacin, and thiamine, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and manganese.
- This leafy green is particularly high in vitamin A, which is important for maintaining healthy vision and a strong immune system.
- Red Streaks Mizuna is a liver-loving food. It is rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants which are known to stimulate liver detoxification pathways. Minerals like selenium, chromium, zinc, and iron are especially important for the health of our liver.
- They are also helpful for the health of our endocrine/hormonal system especially the thyroid gland and our insulin sensitivity which controls blood sugar levels. Antioxidants have been determined to have anti-cancer properties.
- These veggies are also good for our cardiovascular system.
- Red Streaks Mizuna Mustard is low in calories but high in vitamins particularly Vitamins A, C, and K and several minerals.
One serving of 100 grams of raw Mizuna provides:
Growing lettuce is a rewarding experience when done with reasonable care. It offers growers fulfillment and productive and delicious reward at harvest time when considering the fairly short growing period cycles.
|Dietary fiber||1.2 g|
|Vitamin A||47% of DV|
|Vitamin C||24% of DV|
|Vitamin K||>100% of DV|
Spice, color, texture, and nutrition; Red Streaks Mizuna Mustard has it all. Seriously consider growing the plant for your gardening and culinary pleasure.