Pak Choi Microgreen
(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
Among fruits and vegetables, Pak Choi microgreens and Pak Choi leafy green vegetable rank sixth on the Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI). The foods with the most nutrients per calorie are ranked highest.
- Pak Choi microgreens are a great source of vitamins C, A, K, B2, B6, beta carotene, folic acid, potassium, calcium iron, manganese, magnesium, thiamin, niacin, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc.
- Vitamin C contains antioxidants that promote collagen and connective tissue formation, and improve immune function and wound healing.
- Vitamin A is good for growth and development, immune function, red blood cell formation, reproduction, skin and bone formation, and vision.
- Vitamin K aids in blood clotting and helps make bones stronger.
- Potassium aids in blood pressure regulation, carbohydrate metabolism, fluid balance, heart and nervous system functions, and protein formation.
- Calcium helps in bone and teeth formation, hormone secretion, muscle contraction, and nervous system function.
- MIcrogreens contain the same if not greater amount of nutrients than its full-grown leafy version.
Growing a plant that packs one of the most nutrients per calorie and one of the fastest-growing microgreens is the best gardening decision you can make.