(and several other varieties)
The Ultimate Ricotta Avocado Toast (Serves 2)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 avocado (large)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup microgreens (kale)
- 1 teaspoon spices (everything bagel)
- Combine the lemon and ricotta in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to assemble the toast.
- Toast the bread to the desired doneness.
- While the bread is toasting scoop the avocado from the skin, discarding the pit, place it in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Coat a medium skillet with coconut cooking spray or oil. Crack the two eggs into the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes until the desired doneness is reached. A slightly runny yolk is perfect for this recipe.
- To assemble the toast place one slice of bread on each of two plates. Top each slice with half of the ricotta. Top the ricotta with half of the avocado. Add the egg on top of the avocado. Finish by adding the microgreens and everything bagel spice.
Little Green Flair Bowl (Serves 4)
- baby spinach (rinsed and dried)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- honeydew melon (cubed)
- 1/2 cucumber (spiralized)
- microgreens (mixed, red russian kale, tom thumb pea, mini-carrot, daikon radish, shungiku chrysantemum, japanese mibuna mustard)
- Lay bed of spinach in salad bowl.
- Arrange remaining ingredients on top of spinach.
- Dress with Honey, Lime and Garlic Vinaigrette.