Baby Leaf Lettuce Blend
(and several other varieties)
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Lettuce is a moderately good source of vitamin A and C, antioxidants that offer protection against some forms of cancer especially respiratory systems and intestinal tract, among other benefits.
- It is also a good source of dietary fiber to help maintain bowel health, and potassium, which provides relief from high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disorders.
- Vitamins and minerals are concentrated in the delicate leaf portion of the lettuce while the dietary fiber it provides is in its stalks.
- The baby leaf lettuce contains similar nutrients as the full-grown lettuce green.
- You can grow your own baby leaf lettuce blends in your home or garden and enjoy the same exquisite miniature salad greens served as gourmets in upscale hotels.