Lettuce Leafy Green
(and several other varieties)
BLTA Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Serves 8)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts (diced)
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the bacon strips on the parchment paper, and cook for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, wash and remove the leaves from the butter lettuce. Pat dry.
- Dice the chicken, tomatoes, and avocado, and add all three ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Lettuce Garlic Oil (Serves 2)
- 1 lettuce (large Chinese)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- Separate and chop lettuce leaves in smaller pieces. Set it aside.
- Blanch your lettuce in boiling water. Drain then set it aside
- In a small pan add oil then sauté the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the sugar and light soy sauce then turn the heat of.
- Place lettuce on a serving platter then pour hot oil mixture on top. Serve.