(and several other varieties)
Mushroom Omelette with Microgreens (Serves 4)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful microgreens (fresh, plus more for garnsih)
- 1/4 pound mushrooms (edible)
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Brush mushroom with olive oil and grill, turning every couple of minutes, for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool, chop coarsely and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and add to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until large curds form, 3-4 minutes, then gently stir until eggs are almost set.
- Using a rubber spatula, pat eggs into an even layer.
- Add microgreens and musrhooms to top of one half of omelette.
- Slide half the omelette onto a plate and using spatula, fold remaining omelet over the filling; garnish with additional micrgreensl.
Simple Spring Mix Lunch Salad (Serves 1)
From PROJECT MEAL PLAN
- 2 cups greens (Spring Mix)
- 1/3 cup microgreens (or watercress greens)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (I like pre-shredded!)
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 4 ounces chicken breast (baked, or protein of choice)
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing (or dressing of choice)
Place ingredients into a wide salad or dinner bowl, starting with the Spring Mix as the base. Add microgreens, shredded carrots, radish slices, followed by your protein of choice. Add feta cheese and dressing of choice as topping.