(and several other varieties)
Tips on Growing Chives Herb
- Chives are easy to grow pretty much anywhere, provided there is adequate water and enough sun. Though they favor locations with full sun exposure and good soil, they can tolerate partial shade and poor soil conditions. Here are some smart tips on how to grow chives herb.
- You can grow chives from seed or replant the bulb dug up with the clump of an existing planted chives herb.
- Snip off the stems for however much you need; they will continue growing after you’ve trimmed it.
- It is good to remove the edible blossoms that have a mildly garlicky, oniony flavor before they go to seed.
- Even when planted indoors, chives can stay dormant and die back during winter. They can regrow once exposed to heat and sunlight.