(and several other varieties)
Tips on Growing Arugula Microgreen
Arugula microgreen are available throughout the year and are very easy to grow and maintain. Here is a step-by-step guide you can follow when growing arugula microgreen.
- Pour soil into the soil tray up to the indicator line.
- Weigh 14 grams of arugula microgreen seeds, place them in a seed shaker, then evenly scatter across your tray.
- Evenly apply a mist of water to the tray. Using a humidity dome, cover the tray and place it in the grow unit.
- Leave the tray in the grow unit for two to three days to germinate, with at least 75% to 80% humidity. Water the seeds at least once a day by misting.
- On day two or three, remove the humidity dome from the tray.
- Be sure not to overwater; too much water may lead to molding.
- By the fourth or fifth day, your arugula microgreen will be ready for the light. Remove the humidity dome and turn on the grow light. Your plant will need about 10 to 16 hours per day.
- If you decide to place them outdoors, you will have to water more than usual because of climate differences.
- You can start harvesting your arugula microgreen between 10 and 14 days. You know they’re ready when they’re about two inches tall and have bright and open leaves.